Saturday 6 August 2016

A Monument.


"For thus says the Lord:
To the eunuchs who keep my sabbaths,
who choose the things that please me
and hold fast my covenant,
I will give, in my house and within my walls,
a monument and a name
better than sons and daughters;
I will give them an everlasting name
that shall not be cut off."  Isaiah 56:4,5 (NRSV)

Like the Berdache or Two-Spirits of the American Indians eunuchs* have a special role in the Heavenly House of God.


* Sexually unproductive males were excluded from worshipping in the Jewish Temple.  By inference this can be said to include homosexual men.


[Scripture quotations (marked NRSV) are taken from the New Revised Standard Version Bible, copyright 1989 by the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the U.S.A., and are used by permission.  All rights reserved.]

Photo Credit: That7guy via Compfight cc

No comments:

Post a Comment