Monday 22 December 2014

Bedrock.


I had a dream in which I was in a large cathedral full of worshipers of all kinds.

In the center of this cathedral was an excavation which was digging down into the rock below the floor.

On these rocks were beautiful carvings which seemed to me to be very old even though they were being carved as I watched.

My interpretation of this dream is that the ideas and dreams of Progressive Christianity are older than the doctrines of Christianity as we know it.

The basic ideas which Progressive Christians seem to agree on are that the bedrock of Jesus' teachings is to love God with all your heart, soul, and mind; and to love your neighbor as yourself.

So the edifice of Progressive Christianity is being established with a cornerstone of unconditional love.


Photo Credit: mikecogh via Compfight cc

No comments:

Post a Comment